Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bloody Splatter

"It will have blood, they say; blood will have blood." Macbeth: Act 3, Scene 4



































We just finished up doing Macbeth at my school so these were my nails for the week of the show. I started with two coats of Love and Beauty Nude. To do the splatter I dipped a straw into my bottle of OPI Bullish on OPI, aimed at my nail, and did a short, quick breath. I used a coffee-stirrer straw from subway to do this, because I find that normal drinking straws are too big and when I tried splattering with them I just got huge globs of paint all over my nails. I would also recommend taping around your nail because, as you can see, this gets messy.























All clean! Well, for the most part, I had a hard time cleaning up my cuticles.

2 comments:

  1. Very awesome! Love that you used a nude background, looks so much creepier than using white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was originally going to use black but I thought the bloody hands idea would come out more with a nude base

      Delete